Saturday, July 5, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama

You know the saying "Deer in the headlights look?" Well, we got to experience that literally, and then .02 seconds later we got to see the "deer on the windshield look!" We drove to South Dakota for a family reunion and have had all kinds of drama. It's about an 11 hour drive, but a lot longer than that when you have to stop constantly because your 2 year-old threw up about 5 times in the car. We drove all night so that the kids could sleep and got there at about 5:30 in the morning. When we were about 20 miles out we hit a deer and it was very, very scary. I screamed like a crazy woman (I was driving) and then woke the kids up to join the heavenly choir! We feel pretty blessed that nobody got hurt. Our car suffered a little bit of damage, but I've heard of some pretty crazy stories about deer causing very serious accidents. We are just so grateful that we weren't hurt and that our car still runs. I'm not really looking forward to our drive home tomorrow (especially since Kyle just threw up again after we put him down tonight) but hopefully all will go well and we will make it safely! We will post pictures of our trip here soon.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like such a nightmare. I hope the rest of the drive ended up okay! I'm so glad you are all okay.

Jillyan said...

I know how you feel! I hit a deer on one of my many trips back and forth from Cedar. I almost totaled my car. It was super scary! I always freak out on road trips now. I'm so glad that you and your car are all ok! I hope your drive home is better!

Catherine said...

Wow! I can't even imagine! I guess when it rains, it pours. Glad to hear you are ok.

NatBug said...

Oh Julie, I am so glad that you guys are okay. Deers on roads are no fun. My dad has hit 3 on his way back and forth from Oregon. Some of this hits have been bad, so I am glad that you are okay.

Rachael and Justin said...

I felt so bad on our trip for all the things that happened to you guys. It only took us about nine, nine and a half hours to get there. I guess having kids sure slows things up!

Rachael and Justin said...

I felt so bad on our trip for all the things that happened to you guys. It only took us about nine, nine and a half hours to get there. I guess having kids sure slows things up!

NatBug said...

Hey Jules, I am going over to your parents house around 7 tonight. Hope to see you there.

megandjon said...

i'm so glad everyone is ok! how stressful and traumatic. and poor kyle. i'm glad you're back safely!

Brooke said...

I'm just glad you made it back home safe and sound. What a long trip.

Frehner Family said...

Geez Julie..That's all crazy scary. I'm glad you'll are alright.
That's one family reunion you'll never forget.