Sunday, July 27, 2008

We Miss You Grandpa!

On July 19th my Grandpa Nacey passed away. Oh, we miss him! We had his funeral yesterday and it was so fun to celebrate his life. He sure lived!!! He was an incredible man and left such an amazing legacy for us. Wasn't he handsome?! This picture was taken after the funeral. We got a four generation picture with my grandma, my dad, me and Brooklyn.
Here is Kyle and Mya wreaking havoc after the funeral. I swear these two trouble makers are inseparable! Even though they see each other almost every day it's such a drama every time we part them. Kyle is protective of his cousin, too. He does not like other people touching Mya and he'll let you know about it! We love having Jason and his family live across the street!
There is my beautiful mother and my beautiful daughter!
Now here is a group of boys you don't want to mess with...and I'm serious! From left to right there is Josh, Bart, Christian, Justin, Jason, and Kurt.
Here I am with my sisters and mom.
Because of the funeral we were able to get our entire family together. This hasn't happened in a long time. We were lucky to get Rachael and Justin here all the way from NY. It was SO wonderful to have the whole family together. I'm going to attempt to name everybody below!
The very left guy is my younger brother, Kurt. Next to him is Justin and Rachael. Above them is Jason, Rachel and their boy, Dax. Their two little girls are Kaylee and Mya right in front of my mom. In the middle is my Mom and Dad. Behind my dad is Josh, Jesika (their little boy is still cookin') and their two little girls (Kenady and Presley) are in the front in the black and white dresses. To the right of my dad is Bart, Melissa and Bailey. And we are on the right. Christian is holding Brooklyn and Kyle is in the front with all the girls!
(For anybody interested, my actual siblings are as follows: Joshua, Jason, Melissa, Rachael, Me and Kurt)

7 comments:

Kory and Hillari said...

Hi Julie, I was so happy to see you too! Again I'm so sorry about your cute grandpa, you have such a great family.

Pew Family said...

I'm so glad you found my blog! I haven't seen you forever! Your kids are so darling. You do triathlons too? We totally need to do one together. I love them!

NatBug said...

Jules, I am so sorry for the loss of your Grandpa Nacey. He was such a funny guy, I totally know where your dad gets it! Too bad it takes an event like this to get your entire family together!!! Oh well, at least every body did make it. It looks that a good time was had by all, despite the circumstances. Just remember to find comfort in the fact that you will see all those loved ones that you have lost again someday. Love ya!

Meg said...

Jules! That was so fun to hear from you! Colbs and I cannot believe that you have two kiddos already! That is awesome! They are so darling! Where are you guys living? Also, Colby wants to know why Rachael is living in NY??

Lindsay said...

I am so sorry about your Grandpa. Brandon lost his Grandma a couple months ago. It was sad but neat meeting so many relatives of his that I hadn't met yet, and it looks like it was a fun gathering for you too! We will work something out another time. I bet it has been a very emotional week. Isn't it great that you have an "older brother" who knows exactly what those emotions are? Hang in there.

Catherine said...

Hooray for Kyle being potty trained - Wahoo! Sorry to hear about your Grandpa, but it looks like it was fun to get everyone together!

The Amundsen's said...

what a fun post!! grandpa was so handsome, wasn't he? it was so fun to have the entire family all together. thank goodness everyone didn't ditch us for the movie that night & we got to go to leatherbys!!