Thursday, July 10, 2008

Petite Little Princess

Brooklyn had her 9 month well-check a couple of days ago and she is measuring up pretty small! She is in the 15th percentile for weight and 5th percentile for height. Hmmm...I wonder where she gets that! We also learned that she has a milk allergy. We had suspicions, but it was confirmed. The doctor said that most kids grow out of it by two, so hopefully Brookie will! She is pretty sensitive to it so that made the doctor a little nervous, but we are to just wait it out until she is two. If she hasn't out grown it then we will have to go see an allergist from there. On a happier note, she has been doing something kind of funny lately. She grabs her cheerios with her index finger and thumb and takes bites of them. She'll take like 3 or 4 bites of one little cheerio! I don't know why that is so funny to me! I finally finished decorating her room...at least for now. Here is the wall I painted. My dad painted the pink for me and I did the brown stripes. I also painted the magnet board and her name. You can't really see the sparkles on the letters, but they are super cute.
I fell in love with this board as soon as I saw it. It's hanging up over her window.
Christians step-mom, JoDeane, helped me re-cover the glider chair (okay - she did the whole thing)!

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Oh my gosh Julie that is the cutest little girl's room EVER! I love the saying on that board. All of it just looks perfect.
Oh, and that's too bad about the milk allergy...What made you suspect she had it? Just wondering if I should be looking out for anything. Poor girl!

Meagan said...

Brooklyn's room is adorable!! I love it! You did such a good job. She is a sweetheart- poor thing, I'm sorry to hear about her allergy. I'm glad you made it home safe and had a good trip. That's crazy that you hit a deer on the way there though-so glad that you are all okay! We will be around next week- we need to get in touch so we can hang out.

NatBug said...

Her room is so adorable. I just love a little but of brown next to the pink. It sounds like it wouldn't go together, but it looks great!!! I also love the plaque. Yeah, with you as her mommy, she had no chance on the size factor.

Rachael and Justin said...

I love the top picture of Brooklyn. Is it from South Dakota? Everyone at Dad's reunion kept looking at her and smiling. Your house is so dang cute!!!! I wish I lived in it!

Jillyan said...

Super cute! I love the stripes! You are one crafty lady! I need to get on the ball with Wesley and Beckett's rooms. Their walls are bare. I love the picture of Brookie. She is such a doll!

Unknown said...

I feel honored to have seen some of it in person...that room really is the cutest ever. Fitting for the cutest shorty ever!

Brooke said...

Wow!! looks Awesome!! I have a milk allergy too, maybe it's the name. :) I'm feeling very out of running shape. I've slacked off too much. oh well!

The Amundsen's said...

you did such a good job on her room! it is adorable!