Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Potty Trained!!!!!!!

So I don't know when you consider someone officially "Potty Trained" but I think Kyle is pretty much there, and I couldn't be happier!!!! He wears his underwear all day, even on our outings. I don't even really have to remind him to go. He is really good at just telling me he has to go, and sometimes he just goes without even telling me first! He still needs to wear a pull-up at bedtime so some may not consider him potty-trained, but it's good enough for me! We're saving a fortune each month on diapers!!! I've mentioned before about the crazy amounts of water he drinks everyday and I was worried that that would make it super hard to potty train him, but I actually think it has helped. I was reading that often when parents are having a hard time potty training they limit their water intake, but what they are actually supposed to do and have them drink lots and lots to increase the size of their bladder. I think Kyle has a bladder the size of a camel. He can hold it for a long time! Yeah for my big boy! I just noticed the wipes and diaper in the picture...I promise that was from changing Brookie right before!:)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HOORAY KYLE MAN!!! And great job mommy...you deserve a big treat! We need to talk...I am trying some new things these next few weeks to get Jansen potty trained. I'll have to get your input.

Tiffany said...

That picture is hilarious, what a cutie! And YAY for no more diapers for Kyle...It seems like most boys are way older by the time they get potty trained, so good job! I'm sure that makes life a lot easier on you!

Meagan said...

Hey you guys- I just wanted to let you know how much fun we had with you last week. Thanks for being such wonderful friends. We have great memories to last a lifetime. We hope to see you out in Boston soon. I wanted you to know that we think the world of you and Julie thanks for being a listening ear and some one so easy to talk to. When we left I of course started crying and Ryan said "They're awesome people huh! That was hard to leave" I just nodded:) We luv ya.

Brooke said...

Way to go guys!!

NatBug said...

GO KYLE!!! Great job buddy! That is great that he potty-trained so quickly. Jacob was the same way, he was potty-trained well before he was 3. One day he told me that he needed to go potty and he sat there for about 15 minutes while aI cleaned the countertop and the mirror and then ta-da. He did it! We made such a huge deal about it, bought a toy, some big boy underwear and then called all of the grandparents. From that day on, he was a pro. The money saved on diapers is well worth the milestone!!! CONGRATS!!!

Kel said...

He's such a big boy! And adorable in that picture. Congrats Julie!