Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Brookie Update

There is a lot of new news for Brooklyn lately. First off, She started crawling yesterday!!! It is so adorable! In the video above she was mad at Kyle and me because we took the remote away from her because we wanted to see her crawl. She had been rocking on her hands and knees for the last week, or so, and then yesterday it clicked and she just took off! Already today she is crawling a lot faster and getting in to more and more things! She has developed a love for the camera. I'm not sure what it is, but she LOVES to have her picture taken. She even has a special pose she likes to strike, as shown above! Even when she is fussy, or in pain (which has been a lot lately) when we pull the camera out she will stop the crying just long enough to strike her pose, and then she will resume the fussing. It is the funniest thing! I will try and get it on camera because you have to see how she gets all ready for her picture to be taken!
We have some sad news to report, unfortunately. She had ear infections about 3 or 4 weeks ago and we got her on the antibiotic right away. Through the course of the antibiotic she never quite seemed to get back to her normal self, but didn't think a whole lot of it because antibiotics are supposed to take the infection away. In the last couple of days she has been tugging at her ears a lot and has been fussy. She wouldn't eat or sleep so I took her in to the doctor, and sure enough she has ear infections again. One ear is still infected from before and the other ear has a new infection. She didn't respond to the antibiotic which the doctor was pretty concerned about. They put her on a stronger antibiotic and are hoping that it will do the trick, but want me to come in after to make sure her ears are all better. Poor Girl!

Ouch, my ear hurts!
We recently celebrated the 1st birthday of my sisters little girl, Bailey.

Here is the little Birthday Princess!
The two cousins kept stealing each others binki's.
Bailey was a sweet birthday girl and shared all her new toys with Brookie. They are only 4 months apart will have lot's of fun growing up together!

At the party Brookie got in the pool and LOVED it!

6 comments:

The Amundsen's said...

brookie is so cute! i know i sound like a broken record, but i can't get over how cute she is! o.k. you are soooo lucky, bailey hates getting her picture taken. it is really annoying because when i pull out a camera she instantly becomes a punk & frowns & looks away. i don't have any good recent pictures of her. you remember at her party don't you? she is so naughty abought pics!

Tiffany said...

She is the most smiley baby I think I have ever seen! That is so cute that she always strikes a little pose for the camera. Poor girl with the ear infections - I'm not sure if sickness is harder on the babies, or the mommies! She sure is cute though!

Rachael and Justin said...

I love the picture of Brookie in the pool. Her little bikini is so so so cute! I love how she's such a poser for the camera. Is modeling in her future??? Bailey looks funny with the food hanging out of her mouth. I wish I could have been at her party! I miss you, but I'll see you very soon!!!

NatBug said...

She is such a sweet-heart! That is so great that she loves the camera. Does she ever want to see the picture after it is taken? My boys do all of the time. They did it so often that for Christmas we bought them their own cameras, now they don't bug me! I love her little tooth-less smile, I love smiles without teeth! That party for Bailey sure looks like it was fun. Next time you guys all get together you should let me know so that I can come and see everyone. Maybe in the next few weeks when Rachael comes to town?!!

Jillyan said...

Poor Brookie! I hope she feels better soon! I think it's hilarious about her posing in front of the camera. What a cutie!

Rachael and Justin said...

When Brookie smiles she looks a lot like Kyle to me.