Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The results are in...FINALLY!

We finally heard from the Doctor yesterday and some of the results were kind of surprising. Her milk allergy is no surprise, but the doctor was surprised at how severely allergic she is to it. That is pretty rare for such a little girl! Her other food allergies include egg, beef and pork. She is also allergic to dog, cat and dust mite (those allergies aren't as severe). Luckily she is not allergic to wheat or soy. Those would have been really hard allergies to deal with. The egg allergy could be kind of rough considering all the yummy things, like cake and cookies, that have eggs in it. The doctor is pretty confident that the egg products are what is causing all of the ear infections. Brookie doesn't eat eggs and doesn't have tons of food with eggs in it so it doesn't seem to me like that could be causing the crazy ear infections over and over. But what do I know? She is the doctor and has years of experience so I need to just trust that, but I am a little worried that we haven't nailed down the problem yet. The soy allergy would have made sense to be causing the ear infections because she was drinking a lot of soy milk. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens after some time of absolutely no egg, beef or pork products. I'm half tempted to get a second opinion, but don't know if I'm just being a crazy person. All I know is I'm WAY tired of ear infections!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a relief to have some answers! I hope they end up being the right ones to make her ear infections STOP.

NatBug said...

That is interesting, I sure hope that the info that she gave you is right, most likely it is. But, I would trust your motherly instinct. If you feel strongly that you should get a second opinion I would go ahead and get that second opinion. That's just my opinion!

megandjon said...

seriously...call my chiropractor!! i'll email you her info!

kisses to that little girl from her auntie megan!

The Amundsen's said...

crazy!!! hopefully her ear infections will stop now that you have some new info. i'm praying this will solve your problems & be the solution FINALLY!