Friday, February 6, 2009

Potty Time!!!!!

Brookie has been showing great interest in potty training. She has already gone potty in the toilet 3 times since yesterday! I'm trying to not get my hopes up too much, but she gets very excited about it. She will grab her diaper and say "poopie" and run into the bathroom. She's getting it figured out. Yesterday afternoon she was really grumpy and nothing would make her happy, then I asked her if she needed to go potty and she lit up, smiled, and ran to the bathroom! We'll see if this actually happens anytime soon! What a miracle that would be! Oh, and as you can see from the picture, she demands to wipe herself. We will be doing serious hand washing the next while!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny...I had actually bought Natalie a potty today! I figured since I am potty training my 3 1/2 year old I may as well expose her to it. Brookie sounds like she is right on her way! Good job Brookie!

Robert said...

When our girls started to potty-train we got them some "pretty panties" and told them they should never go potty in their "pretty panties" or we would have to throw them away and all they would have would be ugly old diapers. They never had an accident. Teach them to sing twinkle-twinkle little star while they wash their hands. That usually takes 20-30 seconds...the amount of time one is supposed to wash with soap and warm water.

Rachael and Justin said...

Brookie looks just like you in that picture. I love it!

Brooke said...

way to go! I hope she does well. Have a great week! All of us :)

The Amundsen's said...

I love kyle's comments! the "peace & quiet' one is so dang funny! i am so jealous of brookie's interest in potty training. maybe it will rub off on bailey??...

NatBug said...

Julie that is so great for Brookie!!! Isn't it amazing how if you don't push potty-training on them or stress about it, they end up figuring it out on their own, well before you expected them to. TJ didn't potty train 'til he was past 3 years old, so I fugured Jacob would be the same. One day when Jacob was 2 years 5 months he said he wanted to go potty and he did!!! We was fully potty trained by the time he was 2 1/2 years old. It was awesome!!!