Monday, January 19, 2009

What on earth is going on???

Well, we've got all kinds of new information...most of it unfortunate! Brooklyn ended up getting what Kyle had right after she got over her ear infection, which was miserable! Then, on Sunday while she was still sick from the other thing she got an ear infection again. Yip! I'm pretty much fed up with this. Poor Brookie is seriously miserable! And to top things off Christian stayed home from work today because he threw up all day and continues down stairs throwing up. We have had only 3 days in 2009 where none of us have been sick.
I found a different ENT to see Brooklyn today whom I absolutely love! Brooklyn hasn't been responding to antibiotics and every time I go to the ENT office I see someone different. Still, to this day I have seen the doctor that did her surgery for a total of 3 minutes on the day of her surgery. When I go in there they say, "Well, lets just try a different antibiotic" and then shew me out the door. They wouldn't answer my questions or even discuss my concerns with me and I started to get ticked off! The new doctor today was fabulous. I went in with lots of questions and I didn't even ask one of them because she addressed all of my concerns before even asking. We talked about her allergies and she's pretty sure that that could be a major factor in what is going on here. I asked the other office about that and they said there was no correlation at all, but this doctor has ordered all kinds of allergy tests to see what is really going on in her body. We have Brooklyn on soy milk (as suggested by our Pediatrician) but this doctor said that soy is a hidden allergy which means she won't have any obvious reactions to it, but it ends up causing other problems...like lot's and lot's and lot's of ear infections. She said the kids that get the tubes and still have problems are the ones with "hidden" allergies. She is also concerned about her hearing and is having us come back next week when her ear clears up to have some hearing tests done. I'm so encouraged after talking to the doctor today. I'm glad we found someone willing to try to get to the bottom of the problem rather than just try different antibiotics. I will let you know updates as we get them!

3 comments:

megandjon said...

oh what a difference a good doctor makes! i really hope this makes a difference in poor brookie's life and helps stop all her pain! i'm praying for her. and for you!

Rachael and Justin said...

I'm glad someone finally cares enough about my sweet neice! I'm glad you finally got a good doctor!!!

NatBug said...

You know what Jules, I had almost the same situation with Jacob, but it was because of environmental asthma. The doctor that I was taking him to did not seem to help, I was so fed up that I found a new doctor! He hasn't been sick since being treated by him and even with our poor air right now, he still hasn't gotten sick! Sometimes it pays to get a second opinion!!! I am glad that you, or more Brookie, is getting the help that she needs. I hope that everything turns out well. Lots of love, Nat