Friday, May 30, 2008

Vegas Baby!

We went down to Las Vegas for Memorial Day weekend and we had a blast!!! Before we left Kyle kept saying, "Vegas Baby." We stayed at my parents house.
There is Kyle and Grandpa making funny faces!
Brookie has been on this kick lately where she likes to lean back to look at things. She does this all the time.
Grandpa got Kyle a new motorcycle and a big truck that holds all of his little cars and it is SUPER COOL! One morning I woke up to some noise out in the living room. I peeked out and Kyle was so excited about his new toys that he just couldn't wait to play with them. Everyone else was still asleep and he was out there just driving his cars and truck around. It was pretty cute.
We went to the Circus Circus hotel and took Kyle to the amusement park. He loved most of the rides, but was taken by surprise by some of them. I sure felt bad seeing him scream as he went round and round on the super fast train ride! Overall, he loved it!

Brookie was warn out!
More rides.

It's an interesting phenomenon to me how Kyle will NOT fall asleep on a road trip, but zonks out on a short car ride home! I'm serious - he NEVER sleeps in the car on road trips. Why?

We broke the trip up by stopping to see our friends Ryan and Megan in St. George who have been some of our best friends right from the beginning of Christian and me! We went to school with them at SUU and have countless memories with these guys. We also stopped to see our other friends in Cedar City, Kyle and Amy, and I'm kicking myself now for forgetting to get pictures with them. Kyle and Ryan are brothers and Kyle is who inspired the name of our first born! He's just an awesome guy and made that name sound really good to us! This picture is of me and Meagan with our babies! Their boy, Jase, is two months younger than Brooklyn. We have arranged for their marriage to take place in 21 years once Jase gets home from his mission!
Here are the two Love Birds!
And finally, a picture with all four people (including two babies) smiling. Rare!!! Ryan and Meagan are leaving us to go to Boston for Dental School. They will be very missed!!

7 comments:

Rachael and Justin said...

Your vacation looked so fun! When I saw the pictures of Mom and Dad I almost got teary eyed. I miss them! It's not that I don't miss you guys- I just hadn't seen a picture of them for a while(hint hint Mom & Dad)! I like the new truck Kyle got. So Grandma & Grandpa Nacey are still good at spoiling their grandchildren?!!

Meagan said...

Fun pictures- it looks like you guys had a blast in Vegas. We miss you too! and we were so happy to see you- thanks for stopping by! We will be seeing you soon in July. Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Sounds like your parents have a great new house! It was fun to see pics of you with Ryan, Meagan, and their cute little guy (we approve of Brookie's
future husband) ha, ha!!! Cute to see our little "Seattle Mariner" having fun in Las Vegas!!!

Unknown said...

And a husband was there too! What a rare and special treat. Get ready for some Ohio Nyes coming to rock your world in a week or so!

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys! I was so happy to find your blog. Your kids are so adorable! I love seeing all the pictures of them. Hope everything is going well for you all. See you soon hopefully!

Tiffany said...

I wish we could have gotten together when you came through town! I didn't see your comment until it was too late. Definitely let me know if you come down again, it would be fun to get together!
Your kids are seriously so adorable...I LOVE Brookie's smile. She could not be any cuter.

The Amundsen's said...

i'm so jealous of you party animals, all you do is have fun!! i'm right there with you about the never falling asleep in the car thing, bailey NEVER sleeps in the car. the princess must be able to spread out in her luxurious crib!!