Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Major Breakthrough!

Kyle has been doing okay lately with potty training. He'll go potty in the toilet maybe once or twice a day, but he's never wanted to go "poopies" in the toilet at all...until today!!! I asked him if he wanted to go and he said he did. I got him situated on the toilet and then left. A couple of minutes later he came out yelling, "POOPIES! POOPIES!!" He then brought me into the bathroom and showed me the little present he left there. He was thrilled...and so was I!! I've heard that this is a pretty big step to take in the potty training process so we are feeling very encouraged. Here is his little toilet. If you look close at the seat you will notice a bunch of stickers. I let him put a sticker anywhere he wants to on his toilet each time he goes in it. It's been a big hit for him!

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

Yay for the breakthrough! That was one less poopy diaper you had to change, so I'm sure you were thrilled! I've heard boys are pretty hard to potty train, but it looks like you're doing great. I'll have to remember the "sticker trick" when we get to that stage.

Rachael and Justin said...

Good job buddy!!!
I was also thinking that the stickers are a great idea. Gotta do something fun to motivate!

NatBug said...

Yeah for Kyle. That is such a big step for him. When my boys were training we had a chart that they could also put stickers on too. It was super-cute!

Catherine said...

Hooray for Kyle!!! That's a huge step and congrats to you on the triathlon. Wow! That is quite an achievement. I am way impressed. I always love looking at all your cute pictures. PS I think your mom just might be the coolest grandma ever with her scooter. How Fun!

Unknown said...

wow! kyle is sure growing up fast!

The Amundsen's said...

what a good idea about the stickers!!