Monday, May 19, 2008

Where do I begin?

Well, it has been quite a while since my last post because things have been CRAZY! I'll start with Brookies status: she has been very sick for a while and we finally found out that she has two ear infections. That wasn't enough for the poor little girl to have to go through...she also was cutting a tooth at the same time. She was miserable. Despite her misery, we were still able to get smiles from our little sweetheart! She is now on an antibiotic and is slowly starting to feel better. We had a special visitor this past weekend and luckily she was a lot better by the time Grandma Kim got into town. She definitely wasn't 100%, but better than she had been. She had a pretty rough night last night and her ears still seem to be bugging her and I just noticed a rash all over her back. It just doesn't end! Poor little girl!!
On Saturday I had my triathlon. It was awesome!! I think I did okay. I placed 10th in my age group, but my age group wasn't huge so it's not THAT cool, but I felt good about it. Here are a few pictures of my #1 fans:

I would like to send out a HUGE "Thank You" to everyone that came to support me. Christian, Kyle, Brookie, Kim (Christian's Mom from Seattle), Steve and JoDeane (Christian's Dad and step-mom), and my parents, Shaun and Marla, all came. It meant the world to me. I have the best family!
Here I am on the bike. The bike portion was definitely the hardest for me and during it I thought that this triathlon thing wasn't that fun. Luckily I really enjoyed the run and decided that, yes, I really do love this sport and want to do it again!!


Here I am just after my swim. I'm the one on the left. I will soon forgive Christian for not taking a picture during my run or as I crossed the finish line! I was wearing a pink-polka-dot skirt and it was super cute! I'm pretty sure it made me run faster!
During Kim's visit we did a ton of stuff including miniature golfing. That was a blast!!! Kyle loved it. He actually did pretty well and the whole time he was jumping up and down yelling, "WaHoo!!" He got that adorable baseball hat from Grandma Kim and won't take it off.

There he is getting ready!


Kyle was very good at getting every one's ball back to them, even if they weren't finished with the hole!

The whole gang!
Brookie loved being at the course. She LOVES being outside. It was such a perfect day!

After my race everyone (except Brookie and me) went to a U of U vs. BYU baseball game. Kyle had been dying all weekend to go to the "Big Game" as he called it. He just craves this kind of stuff! After the game Christians Aunt Nancy, Uncle Spence and cousin Sydney came over for a BBQ. Here is Kyle and Sydney playing with Kyle's new water toy. We had an awesome, action-packed weekend. We're sad it's over and sad that "Gama Bim" had to go home so soon!




8 comments:

The Amundsen's said...

you guys are such party animals! you guys are always doing such fun stuff!! i am soooo proud of you jewels, good job! that is such an accomplishment! brookie is so sweet with all her little smiles, and kyle in his cute hat golfing & his jersey- he is all boy!!

Rachael and Justin said...

Good job on your triathlon!!!!!! I zoomed in on the pictures so I could see your outfit, and it's soooo cute! I wish I had a support group out here like you had. I love all of Brookie's smiles, and I love the picture of Kyle wearing his new hat! Hopefully Brookie and Christian will get better soon!

Rachael and Justin said...

That picture of Brookie holding her medicine is sad! She looks sick. Poor girl!

Tiffany said...

I am SO impressed right now...I cannot believe you have two kids and you just did a triathlon! That is amazing, good for you!
Sorry to hear your baby has been sick--that is NEVER fun, especially paired with teething!

Jillyan said...

What a fun weekend! Way to go on the triathlon! I admire you! You are looking SO great by the way. Your kids are so adorable! Poor Brookie. Wes just got over the same thing, except he had pink eye in both eyes as well. We really should get together this week or next. Give me a call!

Meagan said...

Jewels- congratulations- What an accomplishment. I had no idea you were training for a triathalon. You're amazing as usual. It makes me want to do something cool like that- gosh I wish we still lived by you guys-we miss you!

Unknown said...

That was a great post! I think I read it and looked at the pictures several times. You are the woman...10th! That is SPECTACULAR. So proud of you. We are on our way to the doc in a couple hours to hopefully diagnose natalie's 2nd ear infection...crazy similarities!

Rachael and Justin said...

GOOGLE GAGGLE!!!! Don't hate me for that! I had completly forgotten about that until Kurt started saying it when he was visiting me!