Sunday, November 1, 2009

Allergic Reaction

Kyle and Brookie were both enjoying their milk (Brookie drinking her soy and Kyle drinking cows milk) when Brookie tried dumping her sippy cup on Kyle. Maybe one drop got on him but he lashed back with spitting his milk in her face, like any good brother would do. A tiny bit got in her eye and it swelled shut! She had welts all around here eye where the milk had touched her skin. This picture doesn't really capture what it looked like. It was so sad. Kyle felt terrible! We called her allergist and she said that as long as her breathing was okay to just rinse out her eye and give her benadryl and just keep an eye on her. It made me pretty nervous! This poor little girl! Kyles boo-boo-buddy makes everything better. I think we use it about 2 times a day!

10 comments:

jill page said...

poor girl, I hope her eye gets better

Unknown said...

It makes it even sadder that she has such big beautiful blue eyes usually. That is such a sad picture.

Tricia L said...

poor little Brookie! That's crazy how allergic to milk she is! Sad! Good thing the doctors finally figured it out.

The Amundsen's said...

how sad! poor little brookie. (and mommy!) we hope you guys had a great halloween! the utah game looked sooooo fun, bailey missed out!

Walker Fam said...

That is serioulsy insane she is THAT allergic to dairy. I cannot believe it- it looks liks she got punched in the eye- POOR BROOKIE!

NatBug said...

Oh Jules, that is so sad...I feel so bad for Brookie!

Brooke said...

Wow! That's one allergic reaction! Poor cute Brookie. Hope you had a fun Halloween.

Rachael and Justin said...

I can't believe how allergic to milk she is. POOOOOOOR Brookie!!

Happy Birthday yesterday Christian. I kept telling myself I'd call you later, but obviously never got around to it. Sorry! Hope it was nice.

megandjon said...

that's like one of those pictures you get after the kids are playing around, and one of 'em ends up with the other's elbow in her eye and it looks like she was in a fight. i hope she is feeling better now!! poor kyle, too, i bet he felt so bad!

Summer said...

Hey Jules,
I was running tonight listening to some old country music we used to listen to and could not stop thinking of all those days in college we listened to music and curled up. In case I never told you THANKS!! You were my best friend and I never would have made it through that first couple of years of college without you. I know you were sent to me and were the biggest blessing in my life at that time. You are truly amazing. Miss You