Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Results


The great news is that Brooklyn does not have cystic fibrosis. I didn't mention that they were testing for that because I didn't want to cause any unnecessary worry. She has some strong symptoms of it so we were pretty nervous for a few days, but luckily she does not have it! The testing went well (as well as I could have hoped). They hooked her up to a machine and had to send electrical shocks to her arm for 5 minutes. She did not like it, but tolerated it pretty well. Occasionally, she'd lock her little fists up and just shake them because it was so uncomfortable. That made me so sad, but she is so tough! After that part they wrapped her arms up and we just had to walk around the hospital for 30 minutes. She LOVED that part. She had Mom and Dad's full attention (without Kyle) and everybody who saw her absolutely adored her. She would walk up to people and lift her arms up and point to her "bandages." It was totally adorable. After they removed the wraps from her arms they had to do the blood work. That was no fun, but the lady got it on the first try. What a miracle! That is way better than the four tries it took last time. Some of her labs were a little out of range, but nothing to be too concerned about. We still need to follow up with somebody about why she is not growing. My doctor is supposed to call me to figure out a plan from here.





Thank goodness for daddies!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay, those pictures are beyond adorable. It was so good to talk to you yesterday...keep us updated...love you guys!

NatBug said...

What a little Diva with her sunglasses, binki, and super cool arm bandages! I am glad that the tests went well, that must have been so nerve racking for you and Christian. I tear up thinking about how hard all of this must be on you guys. Good luck with finding more answers about her growth! She is probably so little because you are. See you soon, love, Nat

megandjon said...

I'm so glad the tests went as well as they could, and that she doesn't have cystic fibrosis! And what a cutie, working those bandages!

Walker Fam said...

I am so relieved she doesn't have cystic fibrosis! YAY!! That is SO good! I hope they figure out why she isn't growing...but maybe she is just going to be a petite little thing- A LOT of kids are off the charts because they just little. Hopefully there is nothing too much to worry about. But I am SO glad it went okay and Brookie looks SO cute in those pictures! We need to get her and Lil together to play soon!

Nacey family said...

I'm so glad that everything went okay. We were praying for you guys!

Summer said...

That is such fantastic news. I can not imagine how worried you must have been about your cute little girl. Miss you a ton and hope you are wonderful.

Leilani said...

I feel like the worst friend ever. From catching up on your blog it sure seems as though you are super busy and dealing with alot on your plate. Of course you do it so graciously. I am sorry to hear about Brooke, and all that she has been through. Sounds like such an exciting new job that you have, I wish you were still her in Cedar. I would let you take my placenta!!! (kinda creepy when you put it like that!) I stay in better touch - miss your little red head!