Friday, April 10, 2009

More Tests!

Little Brookie had her 18 month well-check yesterday and it didn't go so well. She has actually lost weight since her last appointment and is not even on the charts anymore. The doctor is concerned because she is actually a pretty good little eater, but she can't seem to grow. We will be back up at Primary Children's on Monday for some more blood work and other testing. The testing will not be fun. They have to do a chloride sweat test, which I know she will hate. This is getting pretty old. I feel so bad for Brookie that she has to go though all of this. She starts to cry even when we pull into the parking lot of a doctors office because she knows where we are and what is coming.

5 comments:

megandjon said...

poor thing! oh i just feel so bad for her. i know you guys have probaby done a lot of praying already, but have you thought of having the family do a fast for her? i would gladly, gladly do it, and i'm sure a lot of others would too. when is the appointment?

Jillyan said...

How sad! It is so sad to see your kids go through painful things. Especially when you can't do anything to help. I hope that everything goes ok and you guys finally get some answers. We REALLY need to get together. We miss you guys!

By the way...I usually run MWTH at 6 am, and Sat around 8am. If you ever want to join me...call me!

NatBug said...

This whole thing sucks! I hope that everything at the doctor's goes ok. I wouldn't worry about her weight too much as long as the test turns out fine and she is eating well. My 8 year old barely weighs 45 and my 5 year old is just over 30. Some kids are just built smaller than others. Best luck!

Kyle and Amy said...

Julie thanks for all your help it was so nice to talk to you and hear what a mom says not a dr... Poor Brookie! That little girl is so tough. Good Luck she is in our prayers. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys!

The Amundsen's said...

poor little thing. any word yet???