Thursday, November 6, 2008

Kyle said...

Kyle has been saying some funny things lately and I thought I'd post a few of them. We were running to the car in the pouring rain from the store and saw a lady with her little girl and an umbrella. Kyle looked and said with amazement, "Wow, we need to get one of those!"

At the store he desperately wanted a certain toy and I told him no. He then said, "PLEASE, it's only 7 bucks!"

We turn the music up and dance often around here. One day it was on in his room and I stepped out for something and he came running saying, "Mommy, Mommy, your favorite song is on. Come on!" I went in and sure enough it was on! I've never told him it was my favorite song. He is very observant and aware of what's going on around him!

A few weeks ago at Stake conference Kyle looked up at the man speaking and said, "Hey, that's Thomas Monson!" I said, "No, but he looks like him!" Kyle insisted that it was him so I finally gave in and said, "Okay!" Later in his talk the man said something about how he "was no Thomas Monson." And Kyle looked at me with wonder and shock and said, "He's not Thomas Monson?"

The other night when I was putting him to bed he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you are so weird!"

7 comments:

Unknown said...

So priceless. I am trying to be better at recording/writing down all these funny things the kids say. It's a great age for that!

Tiffany said...

The Thomas Monson story is hilarious. It's so good you are writing the funny things your kids say and do down. They will love reading that someday. Kyle is adorable!

Kyle and Amy said...

I havent looked at your blog in ages! you guys are so cute and Brooklyn is 1! wow! i love the family pictures tehey are so cute

Rachael and Justin said...

Kyle not only looks big, but he sounds like he's so big!

Walker Fam said...

Julie I love your family pictures! I am sorry to hear that Brookie got ear infections again- that is ridiculous and so sad! I LOVED the funny comments from Kyle- what a crack up! We need to get together soon!

The Amundsen's said...

he is such a funny guy! i miss you guys. i'lm so sad you wont be around for thanksgiving- i'm going to miss you.

Brooke said...

Julie,
This is the first time I've had internet access. Your kids are so stinkin cute. Kyle cracks me up. I miss you already. I've had a long and lonely week. It feels so wierd to be so far away. I'll call you soon. Come visit soon!!!!love ya!