Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

Here is Brookie one year ago today! And here she is today! Only 10 pounds heavier, but cruising around like she owns the place! Ear Update: She is getting tubes in her ears. I don't know who I talked to on the phone that told me they could possibly to the surgery that same day because they scheduled her to get the surgery at the end of the month. When I asked them about what the lady told me on the phone they said that was crazy talk. I was totally discouraged!!! Her ears are not infected anymore, but they still have a lot of fluid in them causing severe pressure and pain. The doctor said that the tubes would take care of that immediately and drain all of the fluid out. I asked what I was supposed to do for the next 3 weeks and the doctor said, "You can try Motrin." I was SO mad! After talking to a friend she said I needed to call back and demand they move the surgery up. Thankfully they changed it to October 9th (only one more week). At least the end is in sight for all of us!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

I hope surgery goes well and helps everyone sleep better. She really is so stinkin cute!!

NatBug said...

Happy Birthday Brookie!!!! Jules, she is so stinkin cute. I hope that the tubes help out, they seem to have helped my neighbors kid who had tubes put in. Good Luck!!!

Jillyan said...

Happy Birthday Brookie! I'm so sorry to hear about her ears. It is the saddest when your kids are in pain and there is nothing you can do about it. We are going to be out of town for the next two weeks, but I would love to get the kids together when we get back. I miss you guys!

Rachael and Justin said...

She's only gained ten pounds since she was born?!! That's crazy!!!

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday Brookie! Oh we wish we were with you guys to celebrate all our fall baby birthdays. I'm so sad to hear about Brookie's ear problems. That is crazy that the dr. just told you to give her notrin- what was he thinking. Poor girl- I'm glad it's all going to be over with shortly.