Thursday, October 9, 2008

Birthday Party and Ear Update

I'm finally posting pictures of Brookies birthday party! You can't tell me that that is not the cutest cake you have ever seen! Fine...I'll admit that I didn't do this one. My friend who helped me with Kyle's cake surprised me with this adorable cake! She did an amazing job and I can't even imagine how much time she spent on it. I have such amazing friends!!! Brooklyn thoroughly enjoyed it!
This is the best!
The joy continues!
Even the bath afterwords was joyous!

Now for her ear update: She had the surgery this morning and it all went well. When we were in Vegas the past few days I wondered if she had developed ear infections yet again because she she slept even worse than she has been and pulled at her ears the whole time. Of course, I was right. Before they started the surgery they said it was only about a 10 minute procedure and they'd come and get me when it was over. After a long time (maybe 30 minutes) the doctor came out and said that she had an unusual amount of fluid in her ears. The fluid was so thick that he said it was about the consistency of rubber cement. He said it took them so long because they had drain it all out. He said she will be a new person after getting all of that out. He figured that she probably couldn't hear much with all of that fluid in there, too. We have to get her on an oral antibiotic and one that you drop in her ears. It's no wonder that she's been struggling so bad lately! She had a pretty rough time in recovery, but they said that was completely normal. After about 15 minutes she felt a lot better. I'm so relieved that it's over! I'm so glad that my poor baby will finally start feeling better. And I'm extremely glad that we didn't have to wait 2 more weeks to get this done. The picture below is Brooklyn with my dad right after the surgery!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

She really is a joyful little thing...and now she will be even happier with all that gunk out of her poor ears. Jansen would be obsesses with that race track too!

megandjon said...

oh poor baby! i'm so glad it went well!! i hope it gets 100% better from here on out!

happy birthday brookie!

Meagan said...

oh Julie- that is so sad- I'm glad it's over with too- sounds like Brookie was still pretty happy for how badly that must have hurt- poor thing. Hopefully she starts doing a lot better. Her b-day cake was so stinkin cute- what a lucky girl. Sounds like you guys have had some rough but also fun times. Hope all is well. miss ya!

Kyle and Amy said...

Poor little Brooklyn- I hope she starts feeling better! That is rough. Brielle seems to be doing better so hopefully she is getting over it.

NatBug said...

You must have been freaking out when they didn't come out after 10 minutes!!! I know how scary surgery for little ones is. That is an awful feeling! But, now it is over and done with and hopefully all is well now. Also, that picture of Brookie and your dad is adorable! Too cute!

The Amundsen's said...

what a fun party!! i am so jealous of that cake! that's the cutest cake EVER! that puts baileys store bought cupcakes to shame. (not like that was hard to do!!) she is such a doll, she always looks so happy in pics even with ear infections. that pic with her & dad is so sweet.

Pew Family said...

That is the most darling cake, I love it! And she is such a happy little girl. She's smiling in every picture! I'm glad her ears are doing better, that makes me sad she was in so much pain before.

Rachael and Justin said...

Your friend did such an amazing job on Brookie's cake. I want to be friends with her so my soon-to-be little girl will have an awesome cake for her birthday!