Friday, August 22, 2008

I am still alive!

I haven't blogged in a while! We've had our share of drama the past few weeks. Sadly, our bishop took his own life. This has been a very, very difficult trial for our ward and has brought on a lot of sadness, confusion and stress. Unfortunately, Kyle picked up on those emotions of mine and really started to act out and digressed a lot with potty training. That brought on even more stress, and then the guilt of feeling like a terrible mother. I've learned a lot from this trial and, although, I'm not completely healed I've accepted it and am able to move forward and learn many, many lessons from it. Thankfully, Kyle is slowly getting back to himself! I've made a real point to get out and do some fun things with the kids trying to make up for the bad mother I was for a couple of weeks. We've been up to a lot lately and I've posted some pictures of our many adventures!

7 comments:

Meagan said...

Julie, I'm so sorry to hear the sad news. That's just so aweful. I'm sure no one is blaming you for the emotions and hard times. And I'm pretty sure you are not a bad mom. You're a great mother, I look up to you as a roll model for raising my family. We will keep you in our prayers. I'm glad you've been able to get out and do some fun things. Kyle did amazing at the dentist- Ryan hopes he'll get good patients like him:0) We also love the video of him screaming ha ha- kids are so fun!

Debbie and Gary said...

I am so sorry to hear about your bishop. That would be so difficult for the whole ward to deal with. We just never know what someone else is going through.

Unknown said...

There were several times in the past little while that I have really wanted to call you or almost called you and then I get caught up in the moment and don't...I wish I would have. I would have loved to talk to you. You are an amazing mother Julie. Never, ever doubt that because I'll tell you what, I would trust my own kids to be raised by you in a heartbeat!

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry about your bishop - that is heartbreaking news. I can only imagine that must be so hard on the whole ward. I hope everyone effected can find peace in the situation!

NatBug said...

That is awful Julie. I can't imagine how confusing that whole situation must have been. I had a conversation once with one of my borthers-in-law, who was a bishop and he said the hardest part was listening to other peoples problems. There was a point where he got depressed too and at times saw no faith in people. It is too bad that this happened. I pray that you may find a way to make sense of the whole situation.

megandjon said...

i think you are doing absolutely great. keep up the good work!

Summer said...

Hey Julie, You are such a babe. I love the short hair. It is fun. We should definitely talk again soon.