Friday, August 22, 2008

The Copper Mine

Yes, I was born and raised in Salt Lake and just last week went to the Copper Mine for the first time in my life. I was blown away! It was so fun! This is an outing I would definitely recommend (especially if you have a little boy). The smaller trucks in the picture below are actually the size of a house. The tires on those things are the same size as the tire we are standing in front of above.
The kids loved it! They just sat there and watched the trucks working for a long time! We can easily see the mine from our house and every time Kyle sees it he says, "Let's go dere again!"

3 comments:

The Amundsen's said...

man- you are such a good mom, you do so much fun stuff with your kids!

Jillyan said...

I've never been there...it looks like it was a lot of fun. We'll have to go. I'm sorry to hear about your bishop! What a horrible thing to go through. I'm glad things are going better.

NatBug said...

I shold take my boys there too. I bet that they would love it. I remember growing up and driving and seeing the lights for Kennecot clear up in the sky like they were stars. Now the city has grown so close to it that I hardly notice it anymore.