Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Baby Boy is All Growed Up!

For months we have had this twin bed in Kyle's room and we've tried to get him to sleep in it, but was never interested. One day, out of the blue, when I was putting him down for a nap he asked to sleep on the "Big Bed." I thought this was just a ploy to prolong going down for a nap, like it had been so many times before. But he climbed right up in it and fell asleep. He hasn't slept in his crib since. He loves his big bed now, and especially the nice body pillow he gets to sleep on. And the best thing is...he's still taking naps! When he went into his little toddler bed a couple of months ago he just stopped taking naps so I'm very encouraged at how well this has gone. He's growing up so fast!

And as you can see, he likes to line his cars up at the end of the bed so that they can take a nap with him!

3 comments:

The Amundsen's said...

the cars all lined up are so cute!

Rachael and Justin said...

He is so funny. I miss him!!! Little kids are so funny. I remember going to bed in the clothes I was going to wear the next day....that's clean! I think Jason and Josh would sometimes even sleep with their shoes on so they would be ready for school right when they'd wake up. Who thinks of those kinds of things???

megandjon said...

these are such great pictures! aren't kids funny? sometimes they just decide to do things themselves. i've heard stories like that with potty training too. i guess sometimes you can encourage them, and sometimes they have their very own timing!! what an adventure parenting is!