Monday, April 7, 2008

The BIG Tag!!

I have been tagged on numerous occasions, but I have a hard time writing anything about myself because I worry nobody will want to read it. I'm really not that exciting! My children, however, have been tagged and I can say endless things about them so I will happily write facts about them! They were tagged by their cousin, Bailey. I think this "kid tagging" is so cute! We tag Jansen, Natalie, Wesley, Carter, Abby, Cambry, and Brinley.


The way this one works is you are supposed to write 8 facts about your child. Here we go!

Kyle Christian Nye
1. Kyle is 2 and 1/2 years old and definitely acts like it. He is very independent and has to do things in his own way on his own terms.
2. Kyle is seriously into every kind of sport - and he is very good at all of them. As soon as Christian gets home Kyle demands "sports time". Sometimes he even will make me change his clothes into something "sporty" when he hears Christian open the garage door.
3. He is the sweetest older brother. I've mentioned this before, but every day when we go to the gym he always makes sure Brookie is where she is supposed to be, and is being well taken care of.

4. Many know this - he is a water drinker!! He loves anything liquid. He is always thirsty and I never go ANYWHERE without a sippy cup. I try to keep his liquid intake under 40 oz. per day, as requested by the doctor.

5. He is just a funny boy! He is always trying to play tricks on us, and is always up to something humorous. His laugh is one of the most heart-warming noises in this world!

6. His favorite things to eat are Curry Chicken, Romen Noodles, Fruit and Fruit Snacks.

7. Kyle loves to have his picture taken and is constantly asking me to take his picture. He'll even pose with a baseball bat or something like that. Then he'll say (and don't tell Christian) CUTE!

8. This is one of my favorite things Kyle does: After I get him dressed every morning he waits for me to tell him how handsome he looks. He'll just stand there with this dignified look on his face, while he tries to not crack a smile. It's hard to explain, but it is the funniest thing and it makes me laugh every time!

Brooklyn May
1. Brookie is a very patient, mellow little girl. She puts up with a lot - especially with a 2 year old for a brother. I often have to remind myself that even though she isn't crying she still need attention. I feel like sometimes she gets the shaft with everything going on, so even though she doesn't demand it, I try to play with her lots!

2. Brooklyn has a very sensitive tummy. Many of you know of the "crank method" where I squeeze the gas out of her. She often has a tummy ache and now that I just started her on solid food she has been having major trouble digesting it. Poor girl!

3. She goes to bed at 8:00 pm and will eat again between 5 and 6 am. She then goes back to sleep for a couple of hours after that. Before her morning feeding I often have to go in and give her her Binki, but she'll go right back to sleep once she has her binki.

4. We had her 6 month check-up and she weighs 15 lbs. 10 oz. and is 25 inches tall. That is roughly the 50 percentile for weight and 40 percentile for height.

5. She is sitting up very well on her own and has been for about a month. She has rolled over only a couple of times, but is not into that. Kyle hardly ever rolled over either. My kids just aren't rolly-pollies!

6. Sometimes we call Brookie "Mrs. Grabby Hands" because she is constantly desperately grabbing at anything in reach.

7. She loves music and if she is ever having a hard time falling asleep we just turn some music on and that's the end of it!

8. My dad swears that Brooklyn is a miniature me and I LOVE that. He says that she smiles and acts exactly like I did when I was a baby!

7 comments:

megandjon said...

fun!it really is fun to have all these little facts about those two cuties. that bit about kyle trying not to crack a smile is too, too funny. i love it!

and people really would love to read things about you too, you know. i would read them!!

Rachael and Justin said...

I don't know if the world can handle a mini you! That might be a bit too much! Kyle is silly. It's funny how he says his pictures are cute.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Mary sent me your blog just a little bit ago - it's fun to keep track of cousins. Your kids are so adorable! It's fun to hear about them and watch them grow up through pictures since we're all the way in Pittsburgh. But Andrew graduates next May and then we're headed west.

Debbie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie said...

I love to read all about your cute kids. It is so fun to see their little personalities come out. I remember Justin loved sports too. He had a little red baseball cap that he had to have on all the time. Brookie is so sweet. She does seem like she would be a mellow baby. I kinda miss having little kids.

The Amundsen's said...

yeah!! you finally acknowledged my tag! j/k your kids are so fun- and i can't believe brookie is so easy, i must have been a bad girl because bailey was way hard & always ticked off when she was little! thank goodness she grew out of that. thank goodness she likes me now!

Unknown said...

I'll get on it! Love those two.