Friday, February 22, 2008

Don't mess with my little sister!

I take the kids to the gym with me and leave them in the daycare. Kyle absolutely loves it and usually doesn't want to leave. Today I did the same routine of taking Brooklyn back to the baby section, then saying "Bye" to Kyle and leaving for my workout. Well, after I left another lady was leaving with her car seat that looked exactly like Brooklyn's. The ladies working in the daycare said that Kyle flipped out and was inconsolable. They finally took him back to the baby section to show him that Brookie was back there, but that wasn't enough. They told me he wouldn't calm down until he gave Brooklyn a hug and a kiss. As soon as they let him do that he was fine and played without a fuss the rest of the time.

6 comments:

The Amundsen's said...

i love this picture! it is so funny! thanks for telling me you updated your blog!

Kami said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Julie,
Nate and I LOVE this story. That is so sweet and it almost makes me want to cry. What a great big brother.

megandjon said...

oh that is so cute! and sweet! i remember feeling like that about my little sibs too. that is definitely a story to tell them when they get older!

Anonymous said...

How sweet!! How great that they do well with little playmates at the gym so that you can get time for yourself to work out - and it's awesome that Kyle is so aware of Brookie's well-being! How fun to watch them growing up together!

PS - Can't wait to see updates while you are in Ohio! Jansen & Kyle will have so much fun together, and the little girls will
have fun with their mommies, and watching their wonderful big brothers! Have a WONDERFUL time!

Rachael and Justin said...

Every time I see this picture I think Kyle looks so grown up. He looks big!