Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Wicked Fun Party!!

We celebrated the kids birthday this past weekend and had some serious fun! Since their birthdays are only a week apart and they have all the same friends we did a combined party at Classic Family Fun Center (known as Classic Skating when I was a child). I'm not sure if the adults or kids had more fun! Brookie requested a chocolate Tinkerbell cake and that is what she got! It took a ridiculous amount of time to make, but it was a lot fun! Obviously it was allergy-friendly for her, and it was all worth it to see the excitement in her face when she got to actually eat cake!!I tried to talk Kyle into a different cake, but he wanted Lightning McQueen again! Thank goodness my sister-in-law, Mandi, showed up to help me finish this one. My hand was cramping up!
My dad couldn't stop bragging about the "school girl" he is married to! Here she is bouncing away with the kids!
Brooklyn almost didn't even want to open her presents because she was enjoying her chocolate cake too much!
Half of our sweet party guests!
The other half! Thank you all so much for coming!
My family used to really like going to Chucky Cheeses and Jungle Jims for partys. My sister-in-law, Jesika, parted from playing for two seconds, ran over to us and dramatically declared, "Chucky Cheese is DEAD to me!" Then she ran back to playing! My dad hollered back to her, "Chucky, WHO?!" I have been laughing about that for days!
Having Fun!
Steve was declared the "Best Shot" in the blast zone!
And the perfect finish to the funnest party ever was my mom, dad and brothers won the grand prize of 100 tickets at the Deal or No Deal game! It came down to two cases. One had one ticket, the other had 100 tickets and we could have made the deal and settled with 50 tickets. We had ten seconds to decide and half the people were shouting "NO DEAL!" and the other half screaming "DEAL!!!" It was pretty dramatic! With one second left my brother pushed "No Deal" and when we realized the case had the 100 tickets you would have thought my family just won the lottery! We all went absolutely crazy!
Here is most of my family! We wished we got the picture before my sister and her family had to leave!
Thanks to everyone who came! We had a blast!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job Jules! glad to see you back in the loop ;)

NatBug said...

What a fun party Jules...I love your family so much, you guys were my second family growing up. I totally miss all of you so much! We for sure need to get together to play!

Nacey family said...

Best party ever! I still have a battle wound on my elbow from sliding down slides! Thanks for inviting us and hanging out all weekend. It was a good time!

Brooke said...

Dang, I missed a fabulous party!! Your cake making skills are absolutely amazing!!

Unknown said...

JULIE! Look at those cakes. Did you do your classes? They look amazing. And I loved Classic as a kid.

Brooke said...

Julie,
We're coming out at Christmas for about 2 weeks. I would love to get together. I'll call! We miss you guys. And I especially miss running together and chatting with you.

Rachael and Justin said...

That party looked so fun. I keep laughing at dads comment, "Chucky who?" This post made me miss everyone so much. I can't wait to be home in December.