Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bike-Riding Maniac

As most of you know, Kyle is obsessed with riding his bike! He could ride it ALL day if I let him. For a long time now he has been begging us to take his training wheels off. I was hesitant because his legs are kind of short and I didn't know if he'd be able to catch himself when stopping. He finally started to say, "Mommy, will you take my training wheels off for my birthday?" At that point I decided that if he wants it that bad I will at least let him try. We started to take them off when Christian was on his way home from work. I figured that would give us a little time to get them off and get used to it, then Christian could be there for the big moment when we let him try it by himself. Once we got them off I called Christian and was talking to him for a minute and looked over and he was off riding all by himself. I couldn't believe it! We never even held onto the back of his seat running beside him...he just up and took off without us. He is a little maniac. The video below was taken about 5 minutes after we took his training wheels off. It has been several days now and he is already trying new, crazy things with his bike. I kind of feel bad now for not taking the training wheels of sooner!

5 comments:

Nacey family said...

That is so funny. He is awesome at riding bikes. Presley just started riding a couple days ago too. She is not quite as solid as Kyle but she does a good job. Can you believe how big they are getting?

Kyle and Amy said...

Wow Kyle is the man! That is awesome! Looks like you had a great time on your trip. And Im so glad things are looking good. I'll still want details but Im relieved. I have been thinking about you a lot. Lets get together again.

Brooke said...

That is soo crazy!! What a pro!! I guess I should listen to Carter, he's been asking me to take off his training wheels and I haven't yet. I hope he does that good.

NatBug said...

That is awesome Jules! He is still so little...my 5 year old would ride without his training wheels when he had a bike about Kyle's size, but then we got him a bigger bike and he won't ride without the training wheels because his feet won't touch the ground! I have missed seeing you and hearing more updates, let me know what is going on with you. You can even email me at natbzz1@yahoo.com Love, Nat

Robert said...

We get a big kick out of seeing Kyle riding his bike around the weed patch. He's quite a guy!