Friday, March 13, 2009

Surgery

Here are a few pictures of my baby girl before her surgery. She was such a good girl! I hate the part when they take her to the operating room. Last time she screamed when the anaesthesiologist took her, but today she was so brave. She didn't even cry, at least until she was out of my sight! The doctor came out and talked to us right after it was over and the first thing he said was, "Well, that procedure DEFINITELY needed to be done." He said her adenoids were huge and is not surprised that she has had infections for the last year straight. He thinks that this will do wonders. Oh, I hope so! He also had to replace one of the tubes. The left side was completely clogged and needed to put a bigger one in. He was able to clear out the right side and get that tube working again so that one stayed in place. She had a very difficult time recovering, which is normal, but it was so sad. It took her a lot longer this time than last to snap out of it. Luckily Christian was in town this time so I had his help, which was so nice! Oh, I'm just so glad it's over. Let's just pray this does the trick!

8 comments:

Becca Lund said...

Poor little girl! I really hope she does get feeling better soon!

Tricia L said...

Oh, poor Brookie! I hope this helps this time around!

Brooke said...

You have all had quite the ear infection experience. I hope this is the end of them. The story about the yogurt is awesome. I would have said the same thing. I don't think it sounds mean. Kyle is a sweet little guy.

megandjon said...

oh my fingers are crossed! that little cutie deserves a break now!

Pew Family said...

Oh She's so sweet! I'm so sad she's had so many ear problems. I hope this works for her! Yes, I'm getting ready for the race. I just had a pretty bad knee injury on my last run so I'm hoping I can get in for a cortizone shot soon!

Meagan said...

I sure hope this takes care of things for Brookie- what a sweet brave little thing! Also- I'm so glad the basement is finished- it looks great- I bet it is so nice!

NatBug said...

Oh, I am so glad that the surgery went well. It is a good thing that you got it done, sounds like she had some major issues. I hope that things go much more smoothly for Brookie and that you can finally catch up on some sleep! BTW-I love your finished basement and the yogurt story! Don't worry, your not mean, I do that to my own kids when I know that they will only take two bites! Can't afford to be wasteful!

The Amundsen's said...

brookie is so sweet. we are praying that she recovers fast & has some major improvements from her new surgery. are you doing ok? i'll call you tomorrow & we can catch up. love ya.