Friday, October 23, 2009

Leaf Hunt

We have been sick for a couple of weeks now and have been going CRAZY with not being able to go anywhere. We decided one day to take a drive up the canyon to go on a leaf hunt. I figured it would be a fun outing where we didn't have to worry about exposing innocent bystanders to our awful bug. So we threw on our sweats and cowboy boots and off we went! The boots were their choice, by the way! They LOVE their cowboy boots and wear them everywhere! If I don't want them wearing the boots for whatever reason I have to hide them!
My little gangsta'!
The three little sicklings!
Luckily we are turning the corner and are just about better. I had strep throat and a terrible cough. Brookie had the same thing and, unfortunately, developed double ear infections, which causes me great concern about the upcoming winter months. It has been eight months since her last ear infection, which is a record for her entire life! I guess we will see what flu season has in store for her little ears soon enough!
Overall, our outing was fantastic! It was just what we needed - to get out of the house and get some fresh air! We had a smashing success with our leaf hunt and I'm sad to report that I forgot to take a picture of the outcome! We brought the leafs home, painted them, and did leaf stamping on paper. It turned out super cute!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am always so much happier when I get out of the house! The boots are TOO cute.

Brooke said...

What a great idea. How fun and creative. I've already started to worry too about the sick stuff and have been handing out lots of vitamin C. Happy Halloween.
I can't wait to see what everyone dresses up as.

NatBug said...

Love the boots...they are so cute on your adorable kids!! I am so sorry to hear that you and the kiddos have not been feeling well. We will for sure have to get together now that we live closer to each other. But, lets stay indoors....I hate it when my kids are sick too! Oh yeah, welcome back to the blogging world...now you just need to bring your sisters back too!

megandjon said...

i think that is the worst part about being sick. just getting stir crazy, stuck in the house! and what a fun project!

and i'm sorry you've all been sick. get all the way better, quick!