Tuesday, May 19, 2009

She's Growing!!

My baby girl has finally reached 20 lbs! At her weight check last week she gained almost a pound weighing 20 lbs. 2 oz! We are thrilled with that progress. She is almost back on the charts, even! YEAH! And another bit of great news: She has not had an ear infection since her last surgery! This is the longest she's gone since she was 5 months old without an ear infection. Things are looking up! She is getting close to growing out of her size 3 shoes, and almost fits into 18 month clothes! Hip-Hip-Hooray! Some sad news is that she has been having night terrors. They have been a little more frequent lately and it is the saddest thing. The doctor says she probably doesn't even remember them in the morning, but they traumatize me! She has had them since she was little, but we just didn't know that's what it was. Aparently, there is really nothing you can do for them. I still need to do more research so if any of you know much about this let me know!

9 comments:

Tricia L said...

yay! that's so exciting that she's growing and the ear infections have calmed down.

Unknown said...

Wonderful news! I dont have experience with the night terrors thing...that is so sad. Give the kids a huge hug from us.

The Robisons said...

Oh my goodness! Kinsey had night terrors since she was like 16 months old! She would scream hysterically for an hour at least! They scared me...I couldn't tell if she was in pain from her hips or if she were having nightmares! Finally, once it happened for like a year we decided it was nightmares. Jason had them so bad when he was little and the only way his mom could get him to calm down was to pick him up and say, "lets go find your mommy" and then she'd walk him around the house and then back into his room and say, "Oh, look, here's your mommy" and then in the same voice she was saying all of that other stuff she'd say "Jason...there you are! I love you..." and then he'd calm down and go right back to sleep. So, we do that with Kinsey and its magic! its like it fits right in to whatever dream they're in and it calms her right down! Anyway, Jonas is starting his too and that's what we do...he's basically the same age Kinsey was when they started with her! Sorry for the novel! It was so frustrating though!

Kyle and Amy said...

What a cute LITTLE thing! Im so glad that she is feeling good- Thanks for all the advice on EARS! Its nice to hear it from a mom and not a doctor! I hope Brookies nights get better that is so sad!

NatBug said...

Congrats Brookie! I am so glad that she has gained weight. Don't worry too much though. My 5 1/2 year old weighs only 32 pounds, so he is a little one too! I love the outfit that she is wearing in that picture, it is so cute! I love little girl clothes!

The Amundsen's said...

brookie is growing- horray!! she is so cute. but the night terrors, how sad. it looks like kyle's soccer games are way fun. miss ya!

Rachael and Justin said...

I love and miss you guys. I still can't believe how tiny Brookie is. I have an appointment for Ashlyn in a couple weeks. I'm anxious to see how big she's getting. She's getting kind of heavy!

Angie said...

I'm so happy that she is growing. What a long road huh?! Give me a call. We're coming to see you!

sTaCiE said...

She is so dang cute!I'm so happy she is growing! I'm so gald we get to be your new neighbors! We love playing outside with you guys!!