Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nationals!!

I've been in California all weekend for Cheer Nationals and we're having a blast!!! We left Thursday morning and we'll fly home tomorrow afternoon. The weather has been completely amazing! I'm ready to move here!
The girls sadly had to miss their prom for Nationals so we made them all sashes and went to dinner. It was really cute!
Here I am with Amanda (Kyle's first love). He calls her Damanda and gets totally shy any time I even mention her name!
I got to meet the actual Lightning McQueen and Mater! Kyle was thrilled. Disneyland was SOOO fun, but it made me really miss the kids. Everything I saw reminded me of them and I kept saying "Oh, Kyle would LOVE this!"
When I was in high school and went to Disneyland I thought it was fun, but maybe a little overrated. I don't like crowds and lines and that's all you get when you come during Cheer Nationals! But now having kids I viewed Disneyland so different. It really is such a magical place and I can't wait to bring my kids here!!! I have loved every minute of it!
Here we are behind the castle! Overall we have had such a fun time!!! I love these Cheerleaders so much and have had so much fun bonding even more with them here at Nationals!!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you got to go do that! You know what would be the best, let's go to Disneyland together with our families!

NatBug said...

How fun Jules!!! You fit in with them so well, you still look so young, I bet that anyone around probably thought that you were on the squad, not the coach!!! I am glad that you had a great time, I bet that Kyle and Brookie missed you too! We are saving money for a trip so we can take our boys there too, I know that they would love it! Last time I went to Disneyland was my senior year, it wasn't much fun for obvious reasons. So did you win?

Rachael and Justin said...

I also thought Disneyland was overrated when we were going every year, but I think it would be fun to take kids. Only about 18 more days til you meet Ashlyn!!!!

NatBug said...

BTW, in the past I would have called you a traitor for going over to the Jordan High side, but Hillcrest sucks now, so I guess that I will support you! LOL!!!

Meagan said...

Julie- you fit right in with those cute high school girls- no one would guess you're a wife and mom to two. You are so adorable! What a fun job for you!

Kyle and Amy said...

Julie you look so great. I didnt know you did that- that sounds like a lot of fun.

The Amundsen's said...

i am so jealous! it looks like you had so much fun! you look younger then the highschool girls, good job!!

Angie said...

You look like one of the gals. You look so cute and young!!! I have to say I'm jealous you get to have so much fun.