Saturday, January 19, 2008

Opinion Poll!

I'm contemplating a major change and I need your honest opinion! I have always been a long-haired girl, but I'm thinking about chopping my hair off very short. Do you think I could pull this look off? I'm worried because I think this hairstyle is cute on this woman, but I don't know how it would look on me. I'm also wondering if I ought to get the highlights. I've never done any kind of color in my hair and that makes me very nervous. I've always said "Go big or go home!" so maybe if I'm going to do the cut I should do the color too. I'm also concerned because with my hair this short I will no longer have the pony tail crutch. I do the pony tail like every other day. You short-haired people - how hard is it to do a style like this? I need something easy and fast! Oh, this is a scary, but exciting thing to think about. I need some feedback!!!

6 comments:

Frehner Family said...

Julie..this is a way cute cut, but like you said..pretty gutsie too. I haven't seen you in so long, but i know your personality is spunky enough to pull just about anything off so~ if you really want a change, I think you've found a cute one. (and remember..it will grow back if you hate it, there's always baseball hats! ;)

Jillyan said...

Wow! That would be drastic! With your thick hair, any short hair style will be easy. In my case, not so much. But my hair is way thin. I think you would look great with the short do and highlights. I say...go for it!

megandjon said...

here's my advice cutie, and ignore it if you want! make sure the short cut is easy (this one might be, like a put some gel in and mess it up kind of easy) and if you do any color things, i would do pretty darn subtle. color is such a pain once you start, you can never stop, and it's not cheap. well, you can stop, but it looks really awkward for a while, so that's why i say, go subtle! that'll reduce the awkwardness!

last but not least, i LOVE your haircolor as is. but i know how you're feeling! sometimes a major change can be so liberating! good luck!

Lizz Pizza said...

I absolutely think you could pull it off!!!

Talene said...

Go for it! I did! I chopped about 9-10 inches off! If I were you I would do the highlights also...make sure you have your stylist style it for you and tell you how to do it...unless you already know!

Nasfam said...

Go for it Julie! Highlights (subtle)and all. You will never know til you try it, and it will always grow back! ~Jomomma